Particularly over the past couple of years, hygiene practices and the use of industrial floor cleaning equipment has been brought into sharp focus across the entire world.
While we are all finding it important to regularly wash and sanitise our hands, global facilities are working hard to clean and disinfect their premises now more than ever.
Floor cleaning has always been essential for the control of infection because contaminants on the floor can easily transfer to other surfaces. They can disperse into the air simply through walking and can travel on fork trucks and other types MHE.
Industrial cleaning equipment is the fastest, safest, and most effective way to clean commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities.
At SRS Cleaning Equipment, our scrubber dryers present the best practice to ensure your business floors are clean and free from infection.
Why should you use a scrubber dryer?
Manual floor cleaning can take hours and often doesn’t achieve the same level of cleanliness as using a ride on scrubber.
There are several reasons why a warehouse floor scrubber is better but here are the four main advantages.
- Warehouse floor cleaners are far more hygienic. Scrubbing is the only way to guarantee you are just putting clean water and chemicals onto the floor.
- Mopping floors fails to remove contaminants because it actually spreads them around. However, scrubber dryers clean and extract dirt efficiently to ensure that you meet cleaning standards with ease.
- Once a floor has been mopped, it will remain wet for some time, which increases the risk of slips and falls. A ride on scrubber will scrub and dry all in one to guarantee a non-slippery surface every time.
- Scrubber dryers can also clean considerably faster than a mop can, which frees up time for other important tasks in the workplace.
How to clean with a scrubber dryer
When using a warehouse floor scrubber, it is important to follow the recommended protocols and wear the correct equipment.
Here’s how to maximise the performance of your floor scrubber and get the best out of industrial cleaning equipment.
- We recommend using a chemical portioning system because if too little chemical is used then you won’t be able to clean effectively. On the other hand, if too much is used this will waste money and leave chemical residue on the floor.
- Ensure the machine is kept clean and dry. Floors cannot be cleaned with dirty equipment, therefore all brushes and pads should be thoroughly washed and left to dry after use.
- Squeegees and blades should be inspected regularly to ensure they are in good condition. If they are in poor condition, your scrubber dryer will fail to pick up the contaminated water effectively.
- After use, keep the recovery tank lid open to allow the machine to dry and eliminate odour-causing bacteria.
- Take your time and don’t move too quickly. The best cleaning results depend on using the right amount of water and chemicals and giving the industrial cleaning equipment time to work its magic.
- When needed, use cylindrical scrubbing to sweep large debris from the floor and scrub it clean in a single pass. Cylindrical scrubbing is particularly effective for applications where there is a lot of loose debris because it will save time.
- If required, double scrub the premises. If your area is particularly dirty, double scrubbing may be the best way to remove stubborn marks.
For more information give us a call on 0330 678 11 22. Alternatively, send us an email at email@example.com and we will respond straight away.