Industrial Cleaning Equipment Maintenance
Regular servicing will prolong the life of your cleaning machine as we can pick up on any small fixes before they become anything that will cause the machine’s performance to deteriorate.
Our general advice when looking at getting the industrial cleaning machine best suited to you, is to consider the job in hand. Purchasing purely based upon price is likely to lead to problems further down the line.
At SRS we provide industrial cleaning equipment that is reliable and heavy duty, perfect for all applications and the worst of messes.
What Does SRS Provide?
SRS Cleaning Equipment specialise in supplying and supporting industrial cleaning equipment and demanding applications, and with over 35 years of experience under our belt, we’ve definitely learned how to best take care of our industrial cleaning equipment.
We provide operator check sheets with all our machines to help the machine run at optimum performance levels, which in turn helps you get the most out of your machine.
If you choose to hire your machine, we will provide you with a full service of the machine (which includes PAT testing) and guidelines on what you can do to keep your machine in it’s best working order.
For purchased machines, we can offer you ad-hoc or preventative maintenance service contracts to suit the your requirements and the machine’s application.
When we deliver your machine we will provide you free machine familiarisation so you’re confident in using and caring for your industrial cleaning machine. We often recommend that only a few staff members are allocated as specific operators, rather than dozens, as then the allocated operators really get acquainted with the cleaning machines, which encourages them to take responsibility of the machine rather than assuming that someone else will empty it and clean it down.
Our General In-House Maintenance Tips:
Daily To Do
- Check the machine’s brushes, and remove.
- Check the machine’s battery levels – top up with distilled water to the metal plates.
- For every 30 minutes of use, shake the filters for 15 seconds.
- Empty the debris hopper.
- Make sure to vacuum up any additional water that the scrub deck may have left!
- Check for any debris or banding around the brushes and remove.
- Empty the recovery tank and debris catch tray. Rinse the long debris tray with clean water.
- Wipe down squeegee blades with a clean cloth – check the vacuum pipe is clean.
- Remove, clean and reinstall the float valve in the recovery tank.
- Check the battery connections.
- Clean your machine.
- If your squeegee blade is wearing, flip or rotate if necessary.
- Fully clean down the underneath of the machine with a hose pipe.
- Remove and clean the dust filters
- Check the rubber skirts for wear or damage
- Visually inspect all belts for condition/ tightness
Cleaning Sweepers and Scrubber Driers:
To clean your industrial sweepers, you would take the following steps:
- Remove and clean the dust filters
- Wipe the machine down with a damp cloth
- Remove any strapping or banding that may have been picked up by the brushes
To clean your industrial scrubber driers:
- Flush the dirty water/ recovery tank through to avoid sediment and smells building up
- Wipe and clean the squeegee blades and vacuum hoses at the back of the machine
- The scrubber deck/ brushes and squeegee bar can all be hosed down to clean, however the rest of the machine should be wiped down with a damp cloth
On all of our machines, the basic operator care and clean down procedures that we recommend are all ‘no tools required’ so are simple for you to carry out.
How We Help Avoid Downtime:
To avoid large periods of down time, at SRS we supply PDF manuals which help you keep your machine in the best working condition before the professionals take a look at it.
We have a technical team on hand who can provide initial phone assistance (give us a call on 0330 678 11 22 if you need any help!), so we can try and talk you through the problem to come to a solution.
Failing both of the above we are able to either utilise a field engineer or swap your hired cleaning machine for you, so that you’re not left without!