If you own an industrial sweeper or use one on a hire contract, you will need to know how to maintain it and what operator checks to carry out on your heavy-duty machine every time you use it. This way you can ensure it is always safe to use and ready for effective cleaning.
Before you start any sort of cleaning with your industrial sweeper, there are some pre-operational checks that must be carried out to make sure your machine is safe to use and performing optimally.
Here is our SRS Cleaning Equipment operator checklist:
- Check the fuel level or battery charge indicator.
- Empty and clean the dust container.
- Check the condition of the main brushes and remove any unwanted debris that may have gathered around the brushes to ensure effective cleaning.
- If there is an optional side scrubbing brush or sweeping brush, you will need to check those too and remove any plastic wrap, string, or other accumulated debris.
- Check the condition of the main brush compartment flap and squeegee to identify any potential wear or damage.
- Check the belts, and if necessary, adjust them.
- Check the squeegee blades for damage or wear.
- Check the dust chamber gasket.
- Check the safety lights, headlights, and taillights are all in working order.
- Check the steering wheel and brakes operate adequately.
- Check the recovery tank seal for damage or wear.
On LPG or diesel-powered sweepers you may also need to check:
- The hydraulic fluid level.
- Engine oil and coolant level where applicable.
- Always check the service records to determine any maintenance requirements.
At SRS Cleaning Equipment all of our industrial floor cleaning machines are delivered to your site by our experienced installers and provided with operator familiarisation, check sheets, and our continuous service support.
We invite you to view all the industrial floor sweepers we have available. Not sure which machine is right for you or simply want to get in touch for more information?
Give us a call on 0330 678 11 22 and we’ll get you set up with one of our cleaning machine experts who will be happy to assist you. Alternatively, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.